Home

About Me

New Items

Samplers

Pinkeeps

Hooked Rugs

Needfuls

Christmas

Stores

Patterns

Email Me To Purchase

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth

I've kinda been on a dishcloth kick....since my good friend Patty introduced me to "Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth" pattern. 
Materials:  Sugar and Cream Yarn and Size 6 or 7 needles (US)
Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1:  Knit 4
Row 2:  Knit 2, yarn over, knit across the row.  Repeat Row 2 until you have 44 stitches on the needle.
Row 3:  Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together, knit to end of the row.
Repeat Row 3 until you have 4 stitches on the needle.
You can now either bind off or do a round of single corchet and make a little loop of chain stitches in one corner so you can hang the cloth to dry when you are finished using it. 

Who would have ever thought....I would be knitting dishclothes....!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm just getting back into knitting and these quick dishcloths look like just the thing to get some practice! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite dishcloth pattern, Linda! AND it's how I taught myself to knit! So it's near and dear!!! They're so easy and fun and useful too!! Yours look great! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete